Withdrawing from your music lessons is simple. However, in the event that there is something we can do make it possible for you to continue, we’d love an opportunity to hear from you before you proceed. Please don’t hesitate to call (615) 804-1177 or email (email@example.com).
- Students can withdraw at any time prior to their next billing due date. However, once monthly tuition has been processed, students are committed to lessons for the remainder of that billing cycle.
- Once the student withdrawal form has been submitted, the student will still be allowed to attend any remaining lessons that have been paid in full, with all future lessons (following the end of the current billing cycle) being removed from the schedule and all future billing stopped.
- For example, any student with a billing date of the 1st can submit a withdrawal form at any time prior to the 1st of the next month to avoid future billing.
- There are no refunds or credits for any lessons a student chooses to not attend following the successful submission of the student withdrawal form.
Withdrawals Near Holiday Breaks/ Studio Closures:
- There are no refunds or prorations offered for music lessons or classes that fall on holiday breaks. These holiday weeks are accounted for already in the tuition rate, which is based on an annual total that is paid at a consistent rate each month regardless of the number of weeks in a month or holidays included.
- If your withdrawal falls near a holiday break or closure, your student is only eligible for lessons outside of that holiday break or closure.
Please note: Submitting this form will completely withdraw your student(s) from enrollment. If you’re needing to skip just one lesson, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (615) 804-1177.