A $50 registration fee is due at enrollment for music lessons in order to secure the student’s lesson date, time, and mentor. The first month’s tuition payment is due prior to the student’s first official lesson. Registration fees are non-refundable.
Please note: All private lessons must begin within 2 weeks of the registration date.
ROOTS requires automatic monthly tuition payments to be made by a credit or debit card that is stored on the parent account. This card can be changed or updated by using the online account mentioned above.
Constant Rate Model
Tuition is based on 46 lessons a year, that is paid in equal monthly installments. This allows for consistent monthly billing so you never have to worry about paying more for months that have 5 weeks. Because the annual tuition rate also accounts for breaks and holidays, we do not offer make-up lessons, prorated tuition, or refunds for lessons that fall on or during the dates listed under the Holiday and Studio Closure Schedule.
Locking-in Your Rate
We are happy to offer the benefit of a locked-in rate for ongoing lessons throughout a family’s active enrollment at ROOTS. Once enrolled, your rate remains the same for any additional lessons/family members added, as long as at least one student is actively taking ongoing lessons. If for any reason a family withdraws and returns, the current rates will apply.
Fees for these events will vary by type, duration, and frequency. All fees and details for all available opportunities will be communicated prior to any registration or enrollment.
While not required, participation in performance opportunities is strongly encouraged for any student at ROOTS as an important part of a well-rounded education in the performing arts. Performance Fees are not included in the beginner membership but is included in the intermediate and advanced level memberships. These fees are charged per student and are non-refundable. Performance fees will be applied to the following opportunities:
- Winter Music Showcase Performance fee announced prior to registration beginning
- Spring Music Showcase Performance fee announced prior to registration beginning
A 10% discount is offered for music students within the same family after the music program enrollment totals 3 (three) or more half-hours are taken per week. The first 2 (two) half-hours of enrollment are charged at the full rate. If/when enrollment changes, discounts will be adjusted accordingly. Currently, there are no discounts for students taking both music and dance at ROOTS.
NOTE: Discounts do not apply to performance fees.
Tuition Due Dates
The very first tuition payment is due upon enrollment. The first payment will be prorated only if the start date is later than the first available lesson in the month.
If a lesson day/time is yet to be determined at the time of registration, the first tuition payment will be due when the day/time is confirmed by the Music Program Coordinator.
Ongoing tuition is due monthly on the 1st.
After 10 days, a $15 late fee will be charged to all past due accounts. This includes any fee type – not just monthly tuition. Late notices will be sent via email. Further past-due penalties are as follows:
- Payments 20 days past due will result in lesson suspension.
- Payments 30 days past due will be terminated and the date/time slot will be released for new students.
In case a scheduled music lesson needs to be missed, the student or parent must notify the studio at least the day before the scheduled lesson in order to be eligible for a make-up lesson. Make-up lessons are limited to 1 per month, per lesson type.
Same-day lesson cancellations (including illness), are considered late and cannot be made up, nor will tuition be refunded or credited. This is to ensure that we honor our mentors’ availability. We cannot ask the mentor to offer additional availability for a make-up lesson when the change to the schedule was made the day of the scheduled lesson.
If no cancellation notice is given and the student does not attend (no-show), the lesson is forfeited and no make-up lesson is allowed. Students who have not arrived after 15 minutes past their lesson start time will be deemed a no-show and the mentor will be released to leave the studio.
Students that are considered to be a no-show for 3 consecutive weeks will automatically be removed from the schedule and their lesson date, time, and mentor will be forfeited. No refunds or account credits will be given for such situations. Before such action is taken, ROOTS will make every effort to contact the parent/guardian to see if a schedule change is needed before removing the student from the schedule.
NOTE: Music classes, group lessons, and ensemble rehearsals cannot be made up if missed, and no refunds/credits will be offered.
No student should attend lessons when sick (i.e. fever, nausea, vomiting, etc).
ROOTS Academy reserves the right to dismiss a student from a scheduled lesson if the student arrives at that lesson exhibiting possible symptoms of illness. In this case, a make-up lesson will not be offered. If your student is sick, please contact the office to cancel your lesson. Unfortunately, as stated above, we are unable to offer a make-up lesson for any same-day cancellation due to illness.
Music students who have given appropriate notice of their cancellation are allowed to schedule only one make-up lesson per month, regardless of how many lessons were missed.
- Make-up lessons can either be scheduled on the mentor’s designated make-up day for that month or any other available time the mentor may have in their schedule.
- Make-up lessons are not offered for holiday breaks, studio closures, or inclement weather cancellations.
- It is the responsibility of the student/parent to schedule any needed make-up lesson for a student-canceled lesson; given that appropriate notice had been received.
- Make-up lessons can be scheduled by contacting the Music Program Coordinator.
If the student’s mentor is unable to teach a lesson, we will provide an excellent substitute for the lesson. We will only notify you if a substitute mentor is not available. In these instances, we will contact you by email and/or phone to reschedule the lesson, regardless of the one-a-month make-up policy that applies to student-initiated lesson cancellations. If no substitute teacher is available, student’s will be given the opportunity to schedule a make-up lesson with their mentor or receive an account credit for the missed lesson.
Inclement Weather Policies
ROOTS Academy does not follow any school system’s inclement weather policy. If inclement weather occurs, you can call (615) 804-1177 ext 3, visit our website and social media sites, or check your email for updates on changes and/or cancellations.
- We are unable to offer make-up lessons, refunds, or account credits for any studio closures due to inclement weather.
Lesson Hold Policy
Should a student need to take a break from lessons, we offer a temporary hold option for up to 60 days. Going on hold rather than withdrawing has several benefits including securing your day/time/mentor, locking in your tuition rate, and no new registration fee upon return. Holds must adhere to the following:
- Hold requests must be submitted via the Music Lesson Hold form on our website and submitted prior to the next billing due date.
- Lesson Holds are permitted for 30 or 60 days. Holds may not exceed the 60-day limit.
- Hold periods begin on your next billing due date. At the start of the hold period, you will be charged 60% of your monthly tuition for the full 30 or 60 days.
- Students may keep up to 2 lessons per month on the schedule per 30 days for the duration of your hold in your normal day and time.
- Tuition will automatically return to the full rate at the end of the hold period, and lessons will return to the usual weekly frequency.
Students can withdraw at any time prior to their next billing due date. However, once monthly tuition has been processed, students are committed to lessons for the remainder of that billing cycle. To withdraw from lessons, students must complete the student withdraw form here.
- Once the student withdrawal form has been submitted, the student will still be allowed to attend any remaining lessons that have been paid in full, with all future lessons (following the end of the current billing cycle) being removed from the schedule and all future billing stopped.
- For example, any student with a billing date of the 1st can submit a withdrawal form at anytime prior to the 1st of the next month to avoid future billing.
- There are no refunds or credits for any lessons a student chooses to not attend following the successful submission of the student withdrawal form.
Withdrawals Near Holiday Breaks/ Studio Closures:
- There are no refunds or prorations offered for music lessons or classes that fall on holiday breaks. These holiday weeks are accounted for already in the tuition rate, which is based on an annual total that is paid at a consistent rate each month regardless of the number of weeks in a month or holidays included. If your withdrawal falls near a holiday break or closure, your student is only eligible for lessons outside of that holiday break or closure.
6-month Re-enrollment Benefit:
- If a student re-enrolls within 6 months, no additional registration fee will be assessed, but current tuition rates will apply.
If you have any questions about our program, please don't hesitate to call or email one of our team members:
Emily Lindsey—Music Director
Madison Skinner—Scheduling & Billing Coordinator
(615) 804-1177 x1